A little boy was asked one day if He knew where the Lord lived? He said,
"Yes! The Lord lives in our bathroom!" The Sunday School teacher said,
"Whatever makes you think that?" The child responded, "Well, every Sunday
morning I hear Daddy banging on the bathroom door and hollering, `Good
Lord! Are you still in there?’"
The child was obviously confused about
the Lord and some of you may also
be confused about Him, although surely not to that extreme! So, I want to
share some things that you need to know about the Lord!
I. GOD IS A GOOD GOD
A. THE PSALMS SHOUT THE GOODNESS OF GOD
1. Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
2. Psa 31:19 Oh how great is thy goodness,
3. Psa 33:5 He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the
goodness of the LORD.
B. GOD IS A GOOD GOD
1. You need to know this!
2. You need to believe this!
3. The greatest thing I know is, GOD IS A GOOD GOD!
C. IT IS A SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL TRUTH
1. You can’t believe God is blessing you if at the same time you believe He
is cursing you.
2. It is difficult to believe His promises if you can’t get your mind off of the
idea that He is afflicting you!
3. How can you have faith for healing if you think God made you sick?
a. Acts 10:38 says, "God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy
Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing
all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."
b. Does it say, "…SOME that were oppressed of the devil…"?
c. NO! It says He healed "…ALL that were oppressed of the devil…"
4. How can you have faith for a financial blessing if you believe God wants
you to be poor?
a. 3 John 2 "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper
and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."
b. Does it say, "I wish you were in poor health and penniless so I could
teach you a good lesson?" NO!
c. Does it say, "…that thou mayest be poor and sickly so your soul can
d. God wants you to prosper and be in good health!
GOOD IS A GOOD GOD!
II. HE'S A HERE AND NOW GOD
A. JESUS WAS THERE TO FIX THE WEDDING
1. In John 2 they ran out of refreshments at a wedding
2. Jesus got involved with their needs.
3. They were worried and bothered…
4. But, Jesus was there to take care of things.
5. Things were breaking down.
6. Trouble was breaking out.
7. But, Jesus was right in their midst to solve it.
8. Jesus is here in our midst today to solve your troubles.
B. JESUS WAS PRESENT AT BETHESDA
1. A lame man had laid at the pool for 38 years.
2. He was really out of it.
3. Jesus said to him in John 5:6, "Sir, will thou be made whole?"
4. The man complained that there was no one to put him in the water when
the angel came to stir the water.
5. Everytime I start in, someone gets ahead of me!
6. He had all kinds of excuses for not being healed!
7. He was saying, "The truth is, I’m not going to make it… If I haven’t made
it in 38 years, I’m just not going to make it."
8. His ultimate answer to Jesus was, "NO I WON’T BE HEALED!"
9. Jesus answer to Him was, "Rise, take up thy bed and walk!"
10. Jesus said, in essence, "Change your thinking! Change your attitude!"
11. You don’t need an angel to stir the water!
12. You don’t need anyone to put you into the water!
13. All you need is faith in God!
14. You see, THE GOD OF THE ANGELS IS RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!
C. JESUS WAS WATCHING FROM THE MOUNTAIN
1. In Mark 6:45-50 the disciples were out on the sea in a small boat
2. A storm came up and the disciples faced death.
3. Where was Jesus?
4. He was sitting on the mountain side watching them.
5. What did Jesus do?
6. He came out to them, walking on the water (a supernatural manner).
7. Jesus is watching you from the mountain top today.
8. He sees your struggles.
9. And, He is coming out to you in a supernatural manner!
10. He is here for you today!
11. HE IS THE GOD OF THE HERE AND THE NOW!
III. GOD IS A PROVIDING GOD
Phil 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
A. "MY GOD"
1. The Bible says, "My God…" shall supply all your needs!
2. It does NOT say, "The GOVERNMENT shall supply all your needs."
3. It does NOT say that your JOB will do it!
4. It does NOT say that your BOSS will do it!
5. It does NOT say that your BUSINESS will do it!
6. It says, MY GOD shall supply!
7. So, if someone lets you down, it doesn’t really matter because they are
not your source!
8. God often uses MAN AS THE MEANS, but GOD IS STILL THE
B. "SHALL SUPPLY"
1. Jesus is positive about your needs.
2. He is not worried about it, He’s positive about it.
3. SHALL is an EMPHATIC word!
4. It does NOT say MIGHT supply…
5. It says, "God SHALL SUPPLY!"
6. What is He going to supply?
C. "YOUR NEEDS"
1. No matter what they are!
2. You have a legitimate claim if you have a legitimate need!
3. You give God your best, as He says in Luke 6:38, then ask Him for His
best in Philippians 4:19.
4. Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed
down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your
bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be
measured to you again.
5. We talked about this last Thursday night!
6. Philippians 4:13 is in response to the Philippians giving into Paul’s ministry!
7. It is a promise based on God’s command to give!
8. They gave, and God gave back to them!
9. WHO’S NEEDS are supplied? YOUR NEEDS!
10. HOW MANY of you needs? ALL your needs!
D. "ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES"
1. Some people miss it right here!
2. They think this verse says, "WITH his riches in glory."
3. It says, "According to" NOT "with".
4. When they don’t see the money or the supply coming from the place
they expected, some people get fearful.
5. They expected the church to be their source…
6. They expected the denomination to be their source…
7. They expected some Christian businessman to be their source…
8. God didn’t say which SUPPLY DEPOT He was going to use.
9. He just said, that it would be in accordance to His riches in Heaven.
10. If one depot gets wiped out, God has always got another one!
11. He owns it all!
12. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills!
13. He made it all, and He can get it to you when the time is right!
GOD IS A GOOD GOD!
GOD IS A HERE AND NOW GOD!
GOD IS A PROVIDING GOD!
HE IS HERE TODAY TO PROVIDE FOR YOU!
HE IS HERE TODAY TO SHOW HIS GOODNESS TO YOU!