As Christians, we are to seek one who is called a "Rewarder." We find this explained in Hebrews 11:6.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
I. TO WHOM DO WE COME?
A. "HE THAT COMETH TO GOD"
1. Not the priest.
2. Not the preacher.
3. Not simply to church.
4. But, to God!
B. WHO IS
1. Some see God as the grand old man, the
grandfatherly, white-haired, indulgent god
who smiles down on men and winks at their
adultery, their stealing, their cheating,
and their lying.
2. Some see God as the resident policeman, whose
primary job is to make life miserable and
difficult for you.
3. Some see God as their own private property that
they keep in a little box and only allow Him
to come out when they are in big trouble.
4. Some see God as merely a decorator-designer
type being who designed and created the
universe, started it spinning, and now stands
far away watching it run down.
C. GOD IS
NOT PLEASED WITH SUBSTITUTES
1. Simply believing in a "HIGHER POWER" doesn’t
2. Simply "having something going with the man
upstairs" is not what pleases God.
3. He wants us to believe that "HE IS" and that
"HE" is a "REWARDER" of them that seek Him.
II. HOW DO WE COME?
A. "HE THAT COMETH...MUST
1. God makes it very simple for us.
2. All we have to do is come believing.
3. It doesn’t say we must come with sacrifices.
4. It doesn’t say we must come with beauty.
5. It doesn’t say we must come with wisdom.
6. It merely states that we must come believing.
B. GOD DOES
NOT DEMAND BLOODY SACRIFICES
1. There are some who will go to any lengths to
2. They are willing to climb the highest mountain
in search of God.
3. They are willing to give all of their
possessions in efforts to please Him.
4. They are willing to sacrifice their own lives
in order to please Him.
5. But, they are not willing to read the Word of
God and find out exactly how simple it is to
come to God.
6. When we come to God, we must "believe."
C. GOD DOES
NOT DEMAND BEAUTY
1. It's a good thing that God does not demand
that we be beautiful before we approach Him.
2. I would be totally out of luck.
D. GOD DOES
NOT DEMAND WISDOM
1. Some tend to believe that God only allows
the most wise and prudent souls to approach
2. The fact is, true wisdom comes from God (James
3. If God only allowed the wise to approach Him,
then no one would ever be able to come and
ask for wisdom.
4. God says, "He that comes to God must believe!"
III. WHY DO WE COME?
A. "HE IS
1. Everything we do in life is done because we
expect some type of reward for it.
2. We either expect the reward of knowing that
we have helped someone else, or we expect
a more tangible reward.
OFFERED BY THE "REWARDER"
1. SPIRITUAL REWARDS - saves, forgives, blesses
2. PHYSICAL REWARDS - He heals us (1Pet.2:24)
3. FINANCIAL REWARDS - He gives us power to get
wealth... (Deut.8:18) He helps us find a
job and gives us the ability and strength
to make a living.