I. SHOUT BECAUSE GOD DOMINATES THE
1 O clap your hands, all ye people; SHOUT unto God with the
voice of triumph.
2 For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great
King over all the earth. (KJV)
A. HE IS THE KING OF ALL THE EARTH (v.2)
1. That's something worth shouting about
2. Our God is a GREAT KING
3. Our God is KING OVER ALL THE EARTH
B. BLESSED IS THE PEOPLE WHOSE GOD IS THE LORD
Ps 144:15 Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that
people, whose God is the LORD. (KJV)
II. SHOUT BECAUSE GOD DESPISES SIN
Isaiah 58:1 Cry ALOUD, spare not, lift up thy voice LIKE A TRUMPET, and
shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
A. A TRUMPET MAKES AN AWFUL NOISE WHEN ONE IS ASLEEP
1. At Hope Camp in Central Texas they woke us up with a trumpet
2. It was a camp for juvenile delinquent boys
3. Even though I was a counselor, I still hated the trumpet call
4. When someone tells us about sin, at first it may be hard for us to listen.
5. Most don't want to hear that trumpet sound.
6. They want a preacher who is into sharing, suggesting, and soothing them in their sins.
7. They don't want someone who will sound the signal of alarm.
B. THOSE IN DANGER OF HELL NEED TO BE SIGNALED!
1. There are those who are in DANGER of going to HELL
2. Matt 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and
whosoever shall kill shall be in DANGER of the judgment:,
3. Matt 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall
be in DANGER of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in
danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in DANGER OF HELL
4. Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is
in DANGER OF ETERNAL DAMNATION:
C. THOSE IN DENIAL OF THE DEVIL NEED TO BE SIGNALED!
1. There are many in supposedly Christian pulpits today claiming they don't
believe in the devil.
2. The devil sits in their churches shouting,"Neither do I!"
3. Bold Christians need to stand up for the truth and shout a warning!
D. THOSE IN DOCTRINES OF DECEPTION NEED TO BE SIGNALED!
1. 1 Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times
some shall depart from
the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2. There are demonic doctrines leading people astray.
3. When you enter a conversation and take on the falsehoods of the Mormons or the Roman
Catholics, you have the same effect as shouting or blowing a trumpet.
4. It grates on their nerves, they don't want to hear it.
5. But, God has called you to let them hear it. To sound the trumpet!
6. God has called you to boldly proclaim the TRUTH!
7. The TRUTH is JESUS! (John 14:6)
III. SHOUT BECAUSE GOD DEFENDS US
Ps 5:11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them
ever SHOUT for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love
thy name be joyful in thee. (KJV)
A. NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU SHALL PROSPER
Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall
prosper; and every tongue that shall rise
against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.(KJV)
B. LIEING LIPS SHALL BE SILENCED
Ps 31:18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; which
speak grievous things proudly and
contemptuously against the righteous. (KJV)
IV. SHOUT BECAUSE GOD DWELLS INSIDE
Isa 12:6 Cry out and SHOUT, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy
One of Israel in the midst of thee. (KJV)
A. GOD IS IN YOU
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches
of the glory of this mystery
among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: (KJV)
B. GOD GIVES LIFE TO THOSE HE DWELLS IN
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I
live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the
life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave
himself for me. (KJV)
C. GOD DOESN'T PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT RACE OF PERSON HE DWELLS IN
Col 3:11Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision
nor uncircumcision, Barbarian,
Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. (KJV)
D. GOD MAKES OVERCOMERS OF THOSE HE DWELLS IN
I Jn 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome
them: because greater is he that is
in you, than he that is in the world.(KJV)
V. SHOUT BECAUSE GOD DELIVERS US
Isa 44:23 Sing, O ye heavens; for the LORD hath done it: SHOUT, ye lower
parts of the earth: break forth into singing, ye mountains, O forest, and
every tree therein: for the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and glorified himself
in Israel. (KJV)
A. THE PSALMS PROCLAIMED IT
Ps 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous:
but the LORD delivereth him out of them
B. THE APOSTLE PAUL CONFIRMED IT
2 Tim 3:11 "...what persecutions I endured: but out
of them all the Lord delivered me. (KJV)
VI. SHOUT BECAUSE GOD DESTROYS THE
Josh 6:5 And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with
the ram's horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people
shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down
flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him. (KJV)
A. THE WALLS ARE NOT DESTROYED UNTIL THE SHOUTING STARTS
1. There are many walls being built up between people in churches
2. Those walls can come down when we lose our pride and shout
3. Those walls can come down when we lose our prejudice and shout
B. SOME CLAIM TO BE SHOUTING ON THE INSIDE
1. A man once told me that he just can't shout outwardly, but he shouts
on the inside.
2. I was at a basketball game where his boy scored the winning basket and he jumped up and
3. If he could shout at a ballgame because his son made a goal why not shout at a church
meeting because his boy reached the goal of accepting the blood of Jesus to save his soul?
VII. SHOUT BECAUSE GOD DISMISSES
10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, MERCY shall compass him about.
11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and SHOUT for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.
GOD'S MERCY MEANS WE DON'T GET WHAT WE DESERVE
1. God's mercy dismisses the charges that were against us.
2. Rom.3:23 We are all sinners
3. Rom 6:23a The wages of our sin is death
4. Rom 5:8 Christ died FOR us - He paid the penalty so the charges could be dismissed.
5. Rom 6:23b The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ
6. Eph 2:8-9 We receive this gift of grace through faith in Jesus Christ
7. ARE YOU TRUSTING IN JESUS FOR YOUR SALVATION? If you are, then you really
have something to shout about!