I. BECAUSE GOD COMMANDS IT
A. HE COMMANDS ALL MEN TO PRAY
1. Luke 18:1 "And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray,
and not to faint;" (KJV)
2. This passage doesnít say that just PREACHERS should pray.
3. This passage doesnít say that just DEACONS should pray.
4. This passage doesnít even say that SOME men should pray.
5. This passage states that MEN should pray - that means ALL MEN.
B. HE COMMANDS ALL MEN TO PRAY AT ALL
1. 1Thes 5:17 "Pray without ceasing." (KJV)
2. Not just until we get enough to get by.
3. Not just until we feel better.
4. Prayer should be a constant effort for Christians.
C. ...ALL MEN TO PRAY AT ALL TIMES FOR
1. Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with
thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." (KJV)
2. A Christian is to pray for everything.
3. There is nothing that concerns you which does not concern Him.
4. He is even concerned with the hairs on your head.
D. ÖALL MEN...AT ALL TIMES FOR ALL THINGS
AND ALL MEN
1. 1 Tim 2:1 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and
giving of thanks, be made for all men;" (KJV)
2. We are commanded not only to pray for all things, but also for ALL MEN.
3. Not like the man who prayed, "Lord, bless me and mom, and Sue and John. Just us
four and not no more."
4. Eph 6:18 "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching
thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;"(KJV)
II. BECAUSE LACK OF PRAYER IS SIN
A. PRAYER BRINGS VICTORY OVER TEMPTATION
1. Matt 26:41 "Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is
willing, but the flesh is weak."(KJV)
2. When we are struggling with temptation and sin, we are to pray.
3. It doesnít say, "Get COUNSELING, that ye enter not into temptation."
4. It doesnít say, "Go see the psychiatrist, that ye enter not into temptation."
5. It doesnít say, "Go see the pastor, that ye enter not into temptation."
6. It says, "PRAY, that ye enter not into temptation."
B. LACK OF PRAYER BRINGS DEFEAT
1. All of our prayers are prayer-sins.
2. All of our mistakes are prayer-mistakes.
3. All of our failures are prayer-failures.
4. When we fail to pray, simply FAIL!
C. WE SHOULD FOLLOW SAMUELíS EXAMPLE
1. 1 Sam 12:23 "Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD
in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:"(KJV)
2. Samuel was the priestly leader of Israel.
3. He said it was a sin against God for him to cease to pray for Israel.
D. THERE IS POWER IN THE PRAYER OF A PASTOR
1. Not because God answers a pastorís prayers quicker than someone elseís.
2. God is no respector of persons.
3. He will answer your prayer just as fast as He will mine or anyone elseís.
4. The reason why a Pastorís prayer is powerful is because a pastor is a man of faith
just like every other Christian, and the pastor KNOWS what needs to be prayed for
in his church.
E. THERE IS POWER IN THE PRAYER OF A PARENT
1. If a parent has faith, God hears his/her prayers, and no one else knows his/her family
as well as he/she does.
2. He/She knows what needs to be prayed for.
F. THERE IS POWER IN THE PRAYER OF A BUSINESS
1. No one else knows your business like you do.
2. No one else can pray with as much fervency as you will.
III. BECAUSE PRAYER IS GODíS APPOINTED WAY FOR YOU TO GET THINGS
A. THE WORLD EXPECTS TO GET THINGS BY
1. They scheme and connive to get their way.
2. They cheat if they have to.
3. Anything goes when the world is trying to get ahead in business.
B. CONTRAST THIS TO James 4:2
James 4:2 "...ye have not because ye ask not."
C. THE FARMER AND HIS CROP
1. There are those who say, a farmer gets his crop by hard work.
2. They say, if he will break his ground, sow his seeds, water it, and fertilize it, heíll get a crop.
3. But, Iíve seen farmers who have done all of that and still didnít get a crop.
4. Human wisdom and human toil alone cannot be relied upon.
5. We need more than just hard work, we need prayer to make a good crop.
D. THE UNEMPLOYED MAN
1. They say the way to get a good job is to go to school and then make the rounds with
a good resume.
2. Iíve known men who have gotten a good education, had a splendid resume, and
applied everywhere without getting a job.
3. Thank God! We have other resources!
4. We can pray and get a job from God.
5. If you want to be a mechanical engineer, get the education and then pray for God to
supply the right job.
6. If you want to be a lawyer, get the education and then pray for God to supply the job